I am absolutely loving college, but the thing is, i am totally missing my family. My little brother and sister are getting SO big and i feel like i am missing on taking them on ice cream trips and going riding with them and playing with my dog. My parents have had such an influence in my life and i couldn't ask for any better parents. Whoever i marry is going to have big shoes to fill. My dad is absolutely amazing and is such a strength to me in my life. My mom is such a strong person and if i could measure up to her in my life, i would be set forever.
My friend Brittany Murray came to visit me this past week, and we took amazing cute pictures and she looked at the college up here. I really hope she had fun up here with me :)
So i have been thinking a lot about my life lately. I absolutely love the gospel and i have no idea where i would be without it. I have learned so many things that have helped me through my life.I have been thinking about what i would like to do with my life. I would love to be able to serve a mission, but if i don't make it, then its not Gods plan for me. If i do happen to get married, i would love someone that loves being outside and the gospel and helps me become better and being able to be completely random and have SO much fun with life. Honesty and communication are definitely top priorities. I want the same type of relationship that my parents have with each other.
I love this opportunity to come to this college and be able to have the gospel as such a fundamental role in my learning. Devotionals are the best part of my Tuesdays. I love being able to go to the temple all the time and having it so close, and especially on a hill above the city.
There was an amazing devotional that i heard this past Tuesday. Sister Ann M.Madsen spoke, and she talked about the importance of standing in holy places. I definitely would recommend it. I loved when she talked about the direction that the world is moving and how we need to keep the important stuff close. What hit me the most was when she called them hidden treasures. I have been thinking about that a lot this week. The gospel is such a treasure to us and i am so grateful for the gospel in my life.
I am so grateful for the atonement and knowing that no matter what, Christ always knows what i am going through and for great friends that i had in high school, so i was able to keep my standards high and keep the spirit close all of their years.
General Conference is this weekend.... im looking for a ticket, but i have been unsuccessful so far
I am so excited for the next semester coming up... I have the BEST schedule for next semester. I'll be done by 1 almost every day. and i am looking into different jobs and such.
Maybe this time a guy will actually ask me on a date!! if not, then i am one step closer to a mission... haha. Wish me luck!
Bria! You're so great! I'm glad you're doing a blog so I can read it.
ReplyDeleteThank you! :) I will definitely keep everyone updated!
ReplyDelete