I AM GOING TO GENERAL CONFERENCE for the Saturday afternoon session!!!
anyways...
Let me start out by saying, my Facebook is officially gone. I feel such a relief that i don't have one anymore. There is something about being disconnected with everyone that is such a great feeling and it gives me a sense of privacy. There are about 200 people that i don't even really know that well that had access to basically my life story. I was looking at statistics about Facebook tonight. The problem with facebook, is that i think my generation is horrible at communication. I have noticed that a ton of my conversations have been over Facebook and i felt like it would be in my best interest to delete it and be old-fashioned in my way of meeting people and getting to know people. Did you know that 1 in 5 divorces are over facebook? That is just crazy intense. Even though when i get married, i will plan to spend eternity with him, Satan works on our weaknesses. I think that technology is a good thing for us to have but honestly, i don't even think that i want the temptation there. I think that people in my past have influenced my life, but i don't think that it is necessary to completely stay in contact with everyone that we have ever met. Just my personal opinion.
There is an amazing talk that I love by David A. Bednar entitled "Things as They Really Are." I would definitely recommend it if you haven't read it. Our bodies are temples and Satan is trying everything that he can to defile them. Eternal relationships are VERY important to me and an important part of our religion. It is a sacred bond that we have to be pure to have. This world that we live in now, it demeans our relationships and the importance of them.
I am currently reading a book by Sheri Dew entitled "No Doubt About It". There is a part in it that i have been thinking a lot about. It says, "Am I the woman I think I am, the woman I want to be? More importantly am I the woman the Savior needs me to be?"
This got me thinking about who I truly am, and who I truly want to be. I try to be the best that I am. I am a daughter of God and I do my visiting teaching and I participate in my church calling and I try to reach out a helping hand to anyone that needs it or just needs someone to listen to. I am confident that I know the woman I am, but I am always looking for growth and I think that I can become so much more and with the help of my loving family and friends. What had me truly thinking though was am I the woman that the Savior wants me to be? Am I the person that I need to be so that the Savior can use me to bring others to the church, or to do whatever the Lord needs of me and to be completely receptive to the spirit. I want to continue to try my best to be all that I need to be to be an active member of our church.
Have you ever had the experiences where you ask for an answer to a problem or you just talk about having a hard time and then you find answers in the strangest ways? Well this week has been a great experience for me. I have been working on rededicating myself to the church and doing all that I can do to live like Christ would have me live. There is a song that I try to listen to almost every Sunday and it is on the I walk by faith soundtrack. Some of the lyrics say, "Have you received his image in your countenance, does the light of Christ shine in your eyes?"
Random connection to Disney, because i just have a LOVE for disney movies. In the Lion King, when Simba runs away, there is a part when he grows up and he sees his father in the sky and his father says, "You have forgotten who you are, because you have forgotten me, you have become less than who you are."
Is that what Christ thinks when we make bad decisions? He knows our potential and how much we mean to him. I want to grow and become the best disciple of Christ that I can be.
Bria--you are amazing! I'm so happy you have a BLOG and no Facebook account. You go girl! I'll have a Reeses Peanut Butter cup waiting for you for making that great choice! Ha ha! We miss you...
ReplyDelete